Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Traumatic 63.6 pounds

Well, I took Bentley to the vet on Monday and she weighed in at 63.6 pounds. Why did we need to go to the vet...thats the traumatic part. I spent last week at my parents house in Conroe to paint the kitchen cabinets. It was a long daunting task but I completed it and it is beautiful!! One night while we were there, I took Bentley out one last time before bedtime. Once she got done going potty, she ran full force towards the house and she beat me there. She ran right into the glass sliding door and broke it. It was VERY loud and it definitely shattered. She bounced back and was a little freaked out. I brought her inside through the side door and checked her out. Turns out she has 4 wounds. One L shaped cut on her head, one 2" cut on her shoulder, a scratch about 1/2 an inch on the bottom of her right paw and the worst is in between her toes on her left paw. When we went to see the vet, it had been 6 days and it had already started to heal on its own. The vet said that if I had brought her in immediately, she would've given her a local and stapled it shut. It is now healing by itself and we are putting a canine version of neosporin on it. She is fine...doesn't bother her one bit. I think it is starting to itch so she wants to lick it more but other than that, she is fine. She is healthy and happy and loves her mommy & daddy. She is 9 months old and will probably not grow more than 10 more pounds. We'll see tho...

No comments: