Sunday, February 8, 2009

Growing up fast...

Well, as of yesterday, our sweet little Bentley girl is 7 months old. She is well past 65 pounds and is still growing. We continue to laugh at her and enjoy her company. We joked the other day about talking to her like she is human. She is so smart. Brian will ask her, "Where's Mommy??" and everytime, she has no trouble finding me. She has 2 toys that she favors...a blue ball that used to have cheese in it and a yellow bowling pin that squeaks. I don't like playing fetch with the blue ball because it is constantly slobbery and yucky. If she brings me the ball, I tell her "Mommy doesn't like to play with the blue ball. Go get your pin." She does it every time. It is so funny that she knows what I'm talking about. This morning, she came and found me and jumped up on the bed and laid down with me. Brian asked her if she wanted to go potty, she jumped up and ran to the door. She is getting VERY good at "lay down" and we're trying to get her to learn to stay. Brian likes to play fetch with her and see how long she'll sit while he's walking away from her. It's good to see her growth and to see how much she's learning. I never knew it was possible for me to love a dog this much. One night last week, I was gone and Brian was here to take care of her. He took her outside and wore her out before going in her kennel. When they came inside, she was still pretty hyped up and he told her to just go get in her kennel. She did and Brian fell asleep on the couch without latching the door. In the morning when Brian woke up, she was still in her kennel and had successfully closed the door behind her. We both got a pretty good laugh out of this because she just knows thats where shes supposed to stay at night. She is truly precious and we love her a lot. Right now, she is just chowing down on the new bone that she got today. If I don't take it away from her, it will be gone by dinner time. I'll take new pictures of her soon and post them so you all can see how beautiful she is!!!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Just a quikc note to say I love you both!